Saturday, March 27, 2010

Updates


It barely seems that the winter is almost over. The recovery of braking my leg and trudging through weeks of struggling on the bike, struggling walking, struggling jogging, and now struggling running faster has eaten the time up faster than ever. I am ready to say goodbye to the indoor trainer for two hours each morning for a long time. When I when downstairs to do the laundry and see the bike set up in front of the TV, I actually feel nauseous thinking about hopping on. Without the help of my lovely husband looking after me after I came home each night and collapsed after crutching around the PT clinic at work, I would never have managed. Even if he did comment that when I requested too much help "that my arms weren't broken" I still know that I wouldn't have been able to do it without him. I am eager to begin the Spring with a new focus and a feeling of grateful thanks for all that I have in my life. I will never take for granted a beautiful day of running no matter how horrible a day I had. The gift of an able body is one that I am truly thankful for.

Spring Training for BOLD Running began last week and that has been a wonderful thing to have back in my life. For the past several months I have been coaching only the online runners and have not been able to actually interact with runners. I think that my sub-50 group is going to mesh well and be really fun.

I have been increasing the mileage quickly and am currently running about 5 days a week with a total mileage of about 40. This is more mileage than I really should be doing, but less that I'd like to be doing. My personality does not help me be a good patient. I've managed to stick to the BX schedule fairly well by including hills, intervals, tempo (my current slow version), and even a long run of up to 1:50 last week in Moab. My 50 miler scheduled for mid-April in Fruita is definitely out, but I have swapped for the 25 miler instead. I'll see what kind of shape I will be in in three weeks. It seems that I am tired all the time since I am back to running and sleep of 9-10 hours each night is a necessity.

I will hope to stay up to date on my blog a bit more (Thanks Jenni for the inspiration).

Tomorrow is a long run with the BX crew and friends! Hope I hold together for another week!

No comments:

Post a Comment